almost 2 years ago
There are two weeks left to enter your submission to the Natural Language & Text Analytics API Hackathon. Submissions are due by 5 PM ET on February 22, 2021.
Your video is a major component of your submission. Here are some helpful tips for you to plan, create, and publish a winning video.
Get organized. Write out a script of what you need to say and demonstrate in your video and rehearse it before recording to be sure it is under 3 minutes. A good script should include:
- Your elevator pitch of why you built your project.
- A visual walkthrough of your project’s features and functionality.
- An explanation of your expert.ai API integration.
- Real-life context and benefits to help judges understand and appreciate your project.
Start Recording. The great thing about pre-recorded demo videos is that it doesn’t have to be perfect in one shot. Here are some suggestions for recording:
- Use an emulator or create a screencast with audio narration.
- There are many programs that might help you such as Quicktime Player for Mac and/or recording a Zoom meeting presentation.
- Before you are done with your video get a friend or family member to watch it and give you feedback.
Pro Tip: Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video. Due to file size, format, and your Internet connection, uploading a video to Facebook Video, YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. We cannot stress this enough! There have been many times a submission becomes ineligible due to errors with video rendering and uploading.
We can’t wait to see your project and how you showcase it in your video.
Lights, Camera, Action!